Last fall, I moved from one side of the state to other. Eastern Washington is known for its cold winters and hot summers. The weather was more temperate year-round in the Seattle area and the Olympic Peninsula.
I was a bit apprehensive about what Spokane summers would be like, only to experience what felt like a Seattle summer; lots of rain and cloudy days until the day after the 4th of July, only in this case, the spring weather broke in time for the summer solstice.
- It doesn’t get dark until late, and the sun comes up early.
- It’s warm. Okay, maybe a little too warm on some days. Monday it was 95, today it was 75
- Ice cream. But I eat ice cream all year round.
- Picnic food: cold fried chicken, hot dogs in buns, macaroni salad, fruit salad, sweet watermelon, root beer floats
- Going barefoot, but I do that all year too.
- Ditto for being naked
- Long sundresses
- Painting my toenails peachy apricot
- Brand-new sunglasses
- Sitting out on the patio reading