Oops, that’s not right.
Macca AKA Paul McCartney
Nope, that’s wrong too.
Today is Macaroon day. Macaroon NOT Macaron, the french cookie. Did you know if you search Macaroon a bunch of pictures of Macaron pop up? It takes a deeper dive to find a single photo of the coconut-y, mini cake.
Did you know that the word Macaroon comes from the Italian word maccarone, meaning paste?
On with the MACAROON celebration for TMI Tuesday.
1. Have you eaten a macaroon? Did you like it?
Yes, my grandmother used to make macaroons, and I love them.
2. Do you prefer a coconut macaroon or the original almond paste version?
Although I’m not a big fan of coconut, I prefer coconut macaroons because that is what my grandmother made.
3. Have you made macaroons? Share your recipe if you’d like.
Nope, I’ve never made them. I wonder why?
4. To jazz up a basic macaroon–egg whites, sugar, and coconut–which of the following will you add?
b. fresh fruit or fruit preserved
Chocolate, always chocolate.
5. Would you rather eat a macaroon or macaron?
I’m not too fond of things that force you to pick one thing over another. Can’t I have both?
How to play TMI Tuesday: Copy the above TMI Tuesday questions to your webspace (i.e., a blog). Answer the questions there, then leave a comment below, on this blog post, so we’ll all know where to read your responses. Please don’t forget to link to tmituesdayblog from your website!
Happy TMI Tuesday!