Bloguarany 10 What are 5 things you’re grateful for today?
- I have not gotten Covid 19. So many of the staff members here have had it and they are required to self-isolate for 10 days, which means the amount of staff on duty is greatly reduced and those who are working still stay cheerful and helpful despite being over worked. My son, daughter-in-law, grandson, and granddaughter all have it too. The only one who is healthy is my 6-month-old great-grandson. It’s been nearly 3 weeks since I’ve seen my son, who normally comes over at least once a week.
- How lovely it is to be able to order things and have them deliver directly to me, sometimes within the hour that I ordered them. Food, craft supplies, and health supplies come directly to my door.
- All of the wonderful choices I have to watch on TV; from Amazon Prime video, to Netflix and Disney Plus, Discovery Plus, Tubi, Peacock, Pluto, and YouTube. Wonderful movies, great documentaries, and fun TV shows.
- I never get bored and I feel sorry those other residents who live here who do feel bored and complain about it. We have a small theater to watch movies (complete with popcorn), a swimming pool, music concerts, trivia contests, craft classes, field trips, and more. I keep busy with doing genealogy research, learning foreign languages, working on needlework and craft projects, writing, and reading books. I consider my blog as one of my hobbies.
- Being alive. I am 71 and my dad just turned 93 today. I really never thought I would live this long. Each time I got sick, I would think “this is it”, but it never was. If I can make it another 5 or 10 years, I will consider it ‘a life well lived’. Actually, I consider it well lived now.