This is a repost from my old blog to this new blog.
I snagged this from Mrs. Wolfie, https://mrswolfie.blog/2020/09/11/50-questions-just-for-fun/, and I hope she sees this because I still can’t comment on her blog. I’m sorry for the loss of your little Nebo.
“I decided to borrow this fun survey from Sparkpeople. I think I spend a lot of time on my blog being serious and I thought it was time to have more fun this evening. As mentioned, i hope it makes you smile and I hope it gives you a little chance to know me better. Of course if you want to, copy the questions and answer them for yourself, just be sure to give credit to SP!”
1. What time did you get up this morning? Morning? What’s that? Oh, that time of day when I go to bed, which was about 7am.
2. How do you like your steak? I don’t eat a lot of steak, but on the rare occasion that I do, it’s usually medium rare with caramelized onions and steak sauce.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? It’s been so long since I’ve seen a movie at a theater, I can’t even remember. We don’t even have a movie theater in our town, we have to to one of the nearby towns to see a movie.
4. What is your favorite TV show? It was Vikings. Right now, I don’t really have a favorite. I watch very little TV.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Paris or Kyoto or Maui or San Francisco or a condo in downtown Seattle.
6. What did you have for breakfast? Well, it was breakfast food, but for dinner. Rice Krispies with a sliced banana and milk.
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Chinese.
8. What foods do you dislike? Sushi. Beets. Cauliflower. Kale.
9. Favorite Place to Eat? Dynasty Chinese Restaurant or any of the Chinese restaurants in town.
10. Favorite dressing? Blue cheese
11.What kind of vehicle do you drive? I have a Toyota Corolla , but I can’t drive anymore.
12. What are your favorite clothes? Long Boho maxi dresses and jean jackets.
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? Paris and Kyoto are at the top of my list.
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? 1/2 full
15. Where would you want to retire? I’m already retired so I imagine I will stay right here.
16. Favorite time of day? Three o’clock in the morning. That seems to be the time of day when I have the least amount of pain and the sharpest focus in my brain.
17. Where were you born? Seattle, WA in the US
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? Ice skating
19. How many siblings? One sister and one brother, both younger and but we are close in age. My mom had three children in less than 3 years.
20. Favorite pastime/hobby? Genealogy. Crocheting and cross stitch. Scrapbooking. Altered books and collage work.
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this? Anyone who decides to take the challenge!
22. Bird watcher? Not on purpose. But I have a crow that loves to flirt with me from my deck railing.
23. Are you a morning person or a night person? I don’t know what morning is. I usually spend most of my time up all night.
24. Do you have any pets? Not at more. At one time I had six cats… five female cats born to a stray that adopted us. The last one died about three years ago at the age of 20.
25. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share? I wish I had any news, exciting or otherwise.
26. What did you want to be when you were little? First I wanted to be a ballerina. Then I wanted to be a disk jockey and then I wanted to be world famous surgeon. Most of the time I wanted to be a teacher and/or writer and that’s pretty much what I ended up doing.
27. What is your best childhood memory? Probably Christmases… with big trees full of homemade ornaments, but c-9 lights, tinsel and piles of gifts underneath. Lots of Christmas cookies. Christmas caroling around the neighborhood.
28. Are you a cat or dog person? I’d love to have both and at one time did, but I tend to be more a cat person.
29. Are you married? Technically, yes.
30. Always wear your seat belt? Always. It helped to save my life in 1987, although I had a lot of damage in that car accident.
31. Been in a car accident? Yes, as mentioned above in 1987. Lots of damage to my right leg and I was told I would never walk again. First they told me my leg would be amputation but I had a great surgeon who wouldn’t give up, and operated 6 times trying different things to save my leg. But he told me I wouldn’t be able to walk and would have to spend my life in a wheelchair. I set out to prove him wrong. I had children to raise and a business to run. And I did learn to walk again, although painfully, and went back to raising my children and back to running my daycare business with 30 kids. But I knew one day it all would catch up with me. And it has and now I’m back in the wheelchair and trying to learn how to control the pain.
32. Any pet peeves? Bad drivers, especially those who tailgate and don’t signal to indicate their intentions. Selfish people who only think of themselves and no one else. Religious people who try to force their beliefs down your throat (fortunately, not all religious people do this… I have some wonderful Christian and Muslim friends who live their faith without insisting you share in their beliefs). Guns and gun toting nuts who think guns make them look tough and manly.
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings? Cheese, onions, tomatoes, green peppers, mushrooms and black olives with a red tomato sauce.
34. Favorite Flower? Irises, lavender, pansies.
35. Favorite ice cream? Moosetracks. Goo goo cluster. Rocky Road.
36. Favorite fast food restaurant? Dairy Queen’s soft serve ice cream cones dipped in butterscotch.
37. How many times did you fail your driver’s test? Two times. The first time was when I was in high school just after I finished driver’s ed. I was so embarrassed that I refuse to try again. When I was 19, I finally did, trying to drive my brother’s El Camino that kept stalling all the time. I failed again. This time I was pissed and went back a week later and passed it. I’ve never taken that driver’s license and the right to drive for granted.
38. From whom did you get your last email? From my therapist reminding me of my zoom appointment this afternoon.
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Amazon. Oh, wait, I already do that.
40. Do anything spontaneous lately? The only thing I do spontaneously if getting up to pee. I’d be happier if I could schedule that.
41. Like your job? Well, the pay sucks, but the hours are good. Being retired isn’t very profitable.
42. Broccoli? Yes.. broccoli salad, broccoli cheese soup, steamed broccoli with cheese sauce.
43. What was your favorite vacation? And all expenses paid trip with Hawaii. Every day we received gifts and perks from the company. Our room was a luxury suite with two lanai type balconies with views of the ocean. I had room service breakfasts for the first time. Two spa days. It was heavenly.
44. Last person you went out to dinner with? I can’t remember a dinner, but I had lunch with my cousin and her husband when they were in town. This was long before Covid 19.
45. What are you listening to right now? My relaxing music playlist.
46. What is your favorite color? Black. But I get in moods for other colors.. like gray, or mint green, or teal.
47. How many tattoos do you have? I don’t have any yet, but I’ve been planning to get three for the past 20 years. Maybe some day it will actually happen.
49. What time did you finish this quiz? 9:25pm
50. Coffee Drinker? No, which is almost sacrilege if you’re from Seattle.
“I hope you enjoyed this post. If you decide to take the challenge, please do link me. I’d love to read your answers!”