It was a long four days waiting to see who would reach 270 Electoral Votes first. It was a long four years dealing with everything Donald Trump did as he occupied the White House. I have never called him a president, and I never will. Donald Trump has never been presidential, and he is even less of one now.
Trump and Republicans are still doing anything they can to win something they didn’t earn. Again.
Trump never wanted to the president. He wanted the attention and a way to sell his brand to make money for himself. I am always amazed at why anyone who would vote for him, both then and now.
Based on what voters have said, these are the reasons I’m seeing:
- Name Recognition. They saw him on TV. They knew who he was. They didn’t know what his stance on issues was, and they didn’t care. He was not a politician. These were the same people who would not hire someone to operate on their hearts because “they were not a doctor”.
- Not a politician, drain the swamp. This meant to replace anyone who might be a liberal Democrat with anyone, didn’t matter if they had any experience or education or not. And 99% of them didn’t.
- They appreciated Trump’s racist attitude because it matched their own.
- They appreciated Trump’s sexist attitude because it matched their own.
- They were very wealthy, and Trump promised them tax cuts.
- Those who didn’t know the policies, issues, and ideas were and didn’t care, so they either didn’t vote or voted by voting for anyone; it didn’t matter.
- They believed he was a successful businessman and would “govern” the country the same way he did his businesses. He did. He went into debt and bankrupted many of them.
- They were conservative Christians who wanted conservative judges on the Supreme Court to overturn Roe vs. Wade and ban abortion. They don’t know why. Someone told them the bible said so.
The majority of Republican voters didn’t bother to research either the candidate Trump or the issues that mattered. If they had, they would have learned what Donald Trump did as a candidate and later as a “president,” were the same things that he has done his whole life. He lied, he cheated, he bullied, he harmed, he sexualized… he did everything and anything that benefited himself.
Everything Donald Trump said about himself was a lie. He was not a successful businessman. He inherited his money from his father, who also bailed out Trump repeatedly with each failure.
Donald Trump has never been a Christian. The closest he came to that was listening to Norman Vincent Peale’s prosperity gospel that he saw as a way to accumulate more wealth.
Donald Trump is not a Republican. He has basically been apolitical and embraced any political party that he thought would help himself.
Trump pandered to both Christians and Republicans if he thought he could get something out of it.
The only reasons Trump wants to stay in the presidency now is because he loves the power, he loves the attention, he loves making money off of the American public, but most of all, because he hates and fears failure and losing.
Joe Biden and Kamala Harris won the election by more popular votes than Hillary Clinton. More importantly, Biden-Harris won the Electoral Votes, which Trump gloated over when he “won” them in 2016. And now he claims this election was rigged. Ironically, he claimed that the 2016 election was rigged. And people believe him!!
If the election were rigged, it would have been a landslide, and neither Mitch McConnell and Lindsay Graham would have kept their seats in the Senate. They both would be toast and bad images of history.
Joe Biden has been more presidential in the past four days than Donald Trump has been in the past four years. Trump is still trying to lie, cheat, and steal to keep a political office that he hasn’t earned. Not now. Not then.